Friday 16 August 2013

Stage One Round Four

Tight Fit / Constraint
That's what he said

For this weeks challenge we were to design a shop and a house within a given space. The space is determined by which parameter you pick out of a hat, where you are given two blocks each measuring 6000(L) x 3000(W) x 3000(H)mm. The parameters were two long, two wide, one on top of another, I had picked out two wide, which gives me the space of 6000(L) x 6000(W) x 3000(H)mm. I also flipped a coin for the choices of pencil or pen (we are only allowed to use one throughout the challenge), I managed to get tails which was pen. We had to experiment with different line weights using the Pen, and the drawings all had to be oblique drawings throughout the process. An oblique drawing is a drawing where the face is 2-D and you project lines at an angle giving true values for all edges.

Oblique Drawing done at 45°

Having to work around the restrictions it was really difficult at first for me to adapt to. Eventually I worked around it where I managed to draw a plan drawing of the house as an oblique drawing. I decided that the shop was going to sell toys from Gashapon Machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment